JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Morning Wood No Good
Page: of 1  
EverySecondTuesday Amateur Jackinchatter

192 posts since 2007-10-12
44 year old heterosexual
I know a lot of men believe that morning wood is a gift, a sort of sign that your body wants you to start the day off right. When they wake up with one, they'll put it to good use.
However, for me, it's not that way. I do sometimes wake up with an erection, but it's practically worthless. It's as hard as a regular erection, but it's mostly numb. I can stroke it and keep it standing, but I barely feel any pleasure from it. I usually have to go a half hour or more before I have an orgasm with morning wood. I normally wouldn't complain about going for half an hour or longer, but it's typically a really dull half hour. It's like I'm awake, but my penis is sleeping in. I've stopped trying to use it, since the results are so disappointing. (Actually, it's worse than worthless. Not only can I not effectively masturbate with it, but it makes it hard to pee, too.)
I have no problem the rest of the time. If I get up, then start masturbating about a half hour after I wake up, I'll have full pleasurable sensations from first touch through orgasm. Things are fine other times of the day, too.
I've tried my hands, I've tried lubes, and I've tried toys, but it's always the same.

Does anyone here have any tips or tricks for how I can make it wake up when I do? I'd like to be able to enjoy my morning wood, too. There's just something exciting about the thought of an orgasm to start the day. (After all, I already end the day with one...)
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
BiMike Amateur Jackinchatter

418 posts since 2006-08-22
bisexual from UK
Probably you want to have a piss ! Should make it go down then you can start busiess as usual! Myself I have np problem and the morning wood gets looked after in my morning shower !strokestrokestroke
StrokerAce Amateur Jackinchatter

110 posts since 2006-02-13
48 year old curious from Florida near Daytona
Funny i have almost the same experiences , if i try to jack when i first wake up its different , the stroking feels really good but when i cum the orgasm sucks not intense at all , still worth it but not that satisfying....
The Race is on!!!!!!
slowbanter Novice Jackinchatter

29 posts since 2007-06-01
52 year old heterosexual from the sterner side o' the tweed
quite agree, waking up all horny & that is bloody inconvenient, the body just isnt ready for where the mind wants to go. but sometimes after a nice long hot shower, the damn thing is just raging, i mean burning, screaming, stiff-as-steel & extra-long & theres no time to take it slow & build up a good reserve, just stretching & swelling it to the max for a few minutes whilst looking at hot pix is enough to blow - too bad it mostly dribbles, the energy released feels like it should be shooting across the room. then its hurry up or be late for work, bloody hell can't even enjoy the buzz!
Wolf_Grin Amateur Jackinchatter

161 posts since 2006-07-10
40 year old homosexual from New York City
I thought it was just me. Sometimes if I wake up hard, I'll stroke myself some, just for the hell of it, but I don't usually go to orgasm. If I do, it takes me a while get there, the sensations aren't very strong, and the orgasm is unsatisfying. I've never had a really good wank in the morning.
Str8Male74 Amateur Jackinchatter

406 posts since 2005-08-16
49 year old heterosexual male from Illinois
I appear to be in the minority because I don't get morning wood.
bluedogmsu Amateur Jackinchatter

108 posts since 2005-08-20
43 year old from South Carolina
JackinChat Staff Memberbluedogmsu's Avatar
The phenomenon of nocturnal erections is actually not linked to sexual arousal. ALot of men (especially younger, more sexually excitable ones) mistake this for arousal. What is actually happening is that the bladder fills during the night. As the bladder fills, it presses on the prostate and causes the penis to enlarge because of prostatic stimulation. THe problem with Stroking off your morning wood- is that "all systems are set for go" to take a piss. Once you switch your brain to think "lets ejaculate instead" it takes alot longer for the valves, etc to switch over from urine to semen mode. Often these ejaculations will feel "forced" and will produce alot less semen. IF you just get up and urinate before taking care of it-- the body will relax and the sex organs will automatically be rewired for sex and not for urination
Website and Chatroom Administrator
slowbanter Novice Jackinchatter

29 posts since 2007-06-01
52 year old heterosexual from the sterner side o' the tweed
well that would explain also why the urge to piss upon rising sometimes has to fight a formidable but useless hard-on
Infl8orama Amateur Jackinchatter

136 posts since 2005-08-22
heterosexual male from Florida
If we ever get the chance to design an upgraded human body, we should definitely look into working on this. The penis should only get hard when it's going to be used for fun. This is what we get for having bodies designed by a civil engineer--who else would put a waste facility right next to the recreational facility?
"You never pushed a noun next to a verb except to blow up something!"--Henry Drummond to E.K. Hornbeck, "Inherit the Wind"
pauluk Novice Jackinchatter

93 posts since 2006-04-17
70 year old homosexual from London, UK
http://sexuality.about.com/od/malesexualanatomy/a/morning_erectio.htm?iam=dpile_100

I enjoy the morning wood but perhaps it's because I'm naturally a morning person, usually wake at six or earlier and never have any trouble in getting out of bed in the mornings.
Paul
EverySecondTuesday Amateur Jackinchatter

192 posts since 2007-10-12
44 year old heterosexual
I was hoping for an answer about using the erection immediately, but it sounds like the best advice is to let it subside and try again in a bit, which I already knew would work. So, basically, it sounds that I'm out of luck. Oh well. Nothing really wrong with waiting a half hour or so before taking care of business. Just a little disappointing, that's all.

As for the full bladder explanation, I don't buy it.
A) I don't get erections during the day when I have to go. If a full bladder frequently caused erections, they'd make upside-down urinals.
B) Prostate stimulation is a friend of mine, and that, sir, is not prostate stimulation.
C) I was able to try an experiment today. I woke up with an erection and a full bladder and I took care of neither one. I got out of bed, did some other things for a while (roughly half hour or so), then began masturbating. Despite the full bladder, the sensation and response was pretty much normal, not the dullness I'd experience while using the morning wood.
jackin_daily Skilled Jackinchatter

624 posts since 2005-12-07
62 year old heterosexual from UK
I have the same problem. I usually wake up with wood and take care of it in the shower but it takes much longer than usual to cum and the sensations aren't as strong as a wank at other times. I assume my brain and nerves don't wake up as quickly as my cock
Proud to be called a wanker
Ready2Shoot Enlightened Jackinchatter

2931 posts since 2006-07-23
61 year old bisexual from Oregon
jackin_daily said:
I have the same problem. I usually wake up with wood and take care of it in the shower but it takes much longer than usual to cum and the sensations aren't as strong as a wank at other times. I assume my brain and nerves don't wake up as quickly as my cock

My experience is similar. In fact I try to avoid getting rid of my morning wood with a JO. The orgasms just arent as strong, so I just let my wood go down on its own and save the JO for later.
Page: of 1  
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Morning Wood No Good