JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Hairs and Shampoos (yeh totally off topic)
Page: of 1  
Swankles Novice Jackinchatter

21 posts since 2007-02-26
36 year old
Hey yall, my hair (on my head) is rather coarse at times, and very knappy. I would like for once in my life to have hair that is soft and maliable and whatnot. So I ask this:

Does the type of shampoo's and conditioners affect the softness and such of hair? (I think this is a yes)

If so, any reccommendations as what to use? Ive been using this industrial sized crud for a year now and Im sick of the way my hair feels. Please let me know...thanks!
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
bluedogmsu Amateur Jackinchatter

108 posts since 2005-08-20
43 year old from South Carolina
JackinChat Staff Memberbluedogmsu's Avatar
Hey man. THe type of shampoo you use does dry out your hair and can leave it very course over time. You need to get a good shampoo and more importantly a good conditioner. Thje coniditioner is what will help soften the hair. I would recommend going to a salon (or any chain hair cut store) and get one of the shampoo/conditioner sets made to soften men's hair
Website and Chatroom Administrator
Unregistered ?

JackinChat Staff MemberUnregistered's Avatar
Interesting topic. I would suggest consulting a stylist. That's all the help I can give.
Anna Skilled Jackinchatter
Eat, Sleep, Fuck
958 posts since 2004-10-23
heterosexual from USA
Also consider the softness of the water where you live. In some places the water is really hard and your hair doesn't get very clean but with softer water your shampoo often lathers more and your skin and hair feels softer.

Some peoples' genetics are the reason for the coarseness or smoothness of their hair.
Website and Chatroom Administrator
Swankles Novice Jackinchatter

21 posts since 2007-02-26
36 year old
Yeah, I also took into consideration that genetics would play a role *clenchs fist*

As for water softness. This is New York City...so theirs so many impurities I wouldn't be suprised if sand was pouring out of the showerhead = P

As much as I love my hair <,< I dont want to spend mass amounts of cash to change it, so a stylist as well as the salon brands are not in question =P

Any reccommendations as to what OTC Shampoo I could get? lol such as pantine pro-v or equivalent...thanks! = )
Page: of 1  
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Hairs and Shampoos (yeh totally off topic)