JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Greetings Jackinchat!
Page: of 2   next > 
Adiemus Skilled Jackinchatter

726 posts since 2006-06-13
44 year old homosexual from Michigan
I figured since you have seen me around helping people with the chat room, I figured I should finally introduce myself to you.

My name is Adiemus, I was here in the beginning of the website startup when we were linked to a website called JackinWorld. I approached them about a chat room and that is how Jackinchat was born almost 16 years ago and look a how it's still going strong!

I have recently come back to the chat rooms as most of you have seen me in there. I am also now a mod on the website as well. I look forward to interacting with everyone on the forums and getting to know people better!
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
mrgiles1968 Skilled Jackinchatter

803 posts since 2015-08-04
55 year old heterosexual from Dorset, UK
You seem to be the one who had much to do with fixing the recent problems on here too, so many thanks for that.
People who live in glass houses should undress in the basement

mrgiles1968 said:
You seem to be the one who had much to do with fixing the recent problems on here too, so many thanks for that.

You are most welcome! I am trying my best. There is only so much you can do when a site is dedicated to masturbation hehe. Regardless of the changes good or bad, I always need input from the users to know if they like it or not.

Whenever there is change there are going to be people who like things a certain way and if you upset it they will do nothing but complain and make me out to be this big bad evil person when only I am trying to make the place better not worse.
SemperFiDick Novice Jackinchatter

24 posts since 2013-01-08
53 year old bisexual
mrgiles1968 said:

"Problems" which did not exist. Fortunately, there are plenty of adult websites that are actually moderated for adults that Jackinchat members can go to while these moderators drive Jackinchat into the ground.
Unregistered ?

mrgiles1968 said:

WHAT AN ARSELICKER?? UNBELIEVABLE

53 year old bisexual
mkd2014_uk said:

Yep! These people have a big future on a website run by the moderators we have now. I believe you used one of the forbidden words in your post. laugh

SemperFiDick said:
"Problems" which did not exist. Fortunately, there are plenty of adult websites that are actually moderated for adults that Jackinchat members can go to while these moderators drive Jackinchat into the ground.

Was talking about the technical problems that were causing difficulty accessing the site, not what you think. Try asking first before jumping in feet first. Maybe then you'll see it was a genuine reason to say thanks.

mkd2014_uk said:

See the above, then perhaps try an apology.

53 year old bisexual
mrgiles1968 said:
See the above, then perhaps try an apology.

There's absolutely no indication that you were talking about technical problems when you consider that Adiemus responded directly to your comment with a self serving comment on his self serving thread about members who complain that he's a "big bad evil person."

All we've gotten from Adiemus is a list of words that no one is allowed to say, and a mandate that from now on Jackinchat will be run HIS way. So if he happened to fix a few minor technical problems along the way, it hardly matters and is no cause for thanks.

SemperFiDick said:
There's absolutely no indication that you were talking about technical problems when you consider that Adiemus responded directly to your comment with a self serving comment on his self serving thread about members who complain that he's a "big bad evil person."

All we've gotten from Adiemus is a list of words that no one is allowed to say, and a mandate that from now on Jackinchat will be run HIS way. So if he happened to fix a few minor technical problems along the way, it hardly matters and is no cause for thanks.

All you've done here is prove your own ignorance. If you'd checked first what I was thanking him for, I could have clarified, then all would have been fine.

And thanking him for making the effort to fix things is simply common courtesy, of which you obviously have none.

As for the other current bone of contention on here (the ban on certain words, complaints about degrading talk, etc., although I don't personally enjoy such talk, I also don't want it stopped either. We all have our own ways of getting off, and none is good or bad, just different. And I hadn't said anything in my post about that either, but you were quick to assume what my view was on that, without any information to go on.

SemperFiDick said:

Actually the problems did exist but they were not handled because there were not enough people to handle them. Now that people are more than one person paying attention to things they are getting handled. There are now 2 mods for the whole website of around 75,000 members.

As for the words you can not say, clearly you didn't read where it's for the chat room only and not the website. Of which I have never seen you in there as well so really you have no room to complain. You also have only 19 posts for the website which also tells me that you don't engage that much except the last 3 or 4 which were to attack me as a person and this website.
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
I'll put in my two cents. As a 7 year member of Jackinchat with more than 1400 posts, I do have some institutional memory of this place and some skin in the game from a member's prespective.

I don't know why moderators always equate a disagreement over an issue, with a challenge to their authority. This is a privately owned website, and the owner can do whatever he wants to. The mods act under his authority, and can do whatever THEY want to. No one is questioning that, and I think that on balance this is a very well run website. But when a new moderator opens a thread like this in the midst of a controversy about the chat room and the content of the message board, he should reasonably anticipate something other than fawning adoration from some members.

I'm pleased to see Adiemus' clarification that the banned words apply to the chat room and not necessarily to the Forums. Maybe I've just missed the relevant comments, but I really don't think that's been very clear up to now; and it matters to those of us who never set foot in the chat room but post on the message board a lot. There's plenty of internet competition with Jackinchat in adult chat rooms, and when I visit one, I certainly never choose one as rigidly and obsessively moderated as this one. For the record, I do think it likely that Adiemus and Rod are running the chat room into the ground, but it belongs to them and they can kill it with political correctness if they want to. As one who enjoys the Jackinchat forums, I do hope they don't do the same with the message board. But Adiemus' very high profile and grandly announced arrival here by the OP of this thread, and his rhetoric on the boards about the good things that he's going to do FOR us, I'm making no bets about the continuation of an active Jackinchat message board either. Can banned words and forbidden topics in the Forums (not already well covered in items 5 and 6 of the Terms of Service) be far behind?
Dman Professional Jackinchatter

2099 posts since 2015-06-14
70 year old heterosexual from Western US
Kent said:
I'll put in my two cents. As a 7 year member of Jackinchat with more than 1400 posts, I do have some institutional memory of this place and some skin in the game from a member's prespective.

I don't know why moderators always equate a disagreement over an issue, with a challenge to their authority. This is a privately owned website, and the owner can do whatever he wants to. The mods act under his authority, and can do whatever THEY want to. No one is questioning that, and I think that on balance this is a very well run website. But when a new moderator opens a thread like this in the midst of a controversy about the chat room and the content of the message board, he should reasonably anticipate something other than fawning adoration from some members.

I'm pleased to see Adiemus' clarification that the banned words apply to the chat room and not necessarily to the Forums. Maybe I've just missed the relevant comments, but I really don't think that's been very clear up to now; and it matters to those of us who never set foot in the chat room but post on the message board a lot. There's plenty of internet competition with Jackinchat in adult chat rooms, and when I visit one, I certainly never choose one as rigidly and obsessively moderated as this one. For the record, I do think it likely that Adiemus and Rod are running the chat room into the ground, but it belongs to them and they can kill it with political correctness if they want to. As one who enjoys the Jackinchat forums, I do hope they don't do the same with the message board. But Adiemus' very high profile and grandly announced arrival here by the OP of this thread, and his rhetoric on the boards about the good things that he's going to do FOR us, I'm making no bets about the continuation of an active Jackinchat message board either. Can banned words and forbidden topics in the Forums (not already well covered in items 5 and 6 of the Terms of Service) be far behind?

Bye.
Master edger, labia licker, nipple tugger and veteran voyeur.

I just posted to say hey to people...guess people choose to take it another way.
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
Adiemus said:
I just posted to say hey to people...guess people choose to take it another way.

You made the post and you raised another issue. I was surprised when you talked about being instrumental in starting Jackinchat "almost 16 years ago." Members should understand that Jackinchat at such an early date was a much earlier incarnation of the website, and you should make it clear that it certainly wasn't the current Jackinchat as we know it. I assume the facts you stated are absolutely accurate, and it's certainly a grand way to assume personal historical authority; but from what I know there was a lot more going on in the history of Jackinchat that likely didn't always involve you in any critical capacity. You say nothing at all about the current member whom I've always thought was the owner of Jackinchat -- currently identified on the member list as "Administrator" -- who personally coded the site and brought it back online in late 2004 after it was hacked and crashed the last time (with all previous content lost.) "Administrator", "Anna", and "Charlize" have membership dates of October 24, 2004, when I assume the current version of Jackinchat came back online. Ben arrived on July 18, 2005, and your membership as Adiemus dates from June 13, 2006.

You clearly have not been at all an active participant on this latest version of Jackinchat, with only 154 posts to your credit as of this date and time. You also didn't even have a clue about how the ranking system for numbers of members' posts works. This recognizes participation in the forums, and is something that a moderator should not think too trivial for his consideration.

The old timers tell me that there were in fact at least two hackings which crashed earlier versions of Jackinchat before it was brought back the last time in 2004. I suppose that you probably played some part in the website in those years too. And if, as a new moderator, you want to adopt the very high profile that you have, and claim long historical roots with today's website, then that's cool. But you should at least give credit to others who seem to have been much more active and instrumental in the history of Jackinchat than you have.

Sorry if this seems discourteous, but this is an issue that you raised.

Kent said:
PS: On another topic specifically raised by you "Adiemus" in the OP of this thread, I'm somewhat confused by your post which indicates that you were instrumental in starting Jackinchat "almost 16 years ago." That was surely an earlier incarnation of the website, and you might make it clear that it certainly wasn't the current Jackinchat as we know it. I assume the facts you stated are absolutely accurate, and it's certainly a grand way to assume personal historical authority; but from what I know there was a lot more going on in the history of Jackinchat that likely didn't always involve you in any critical capacity. You say nothing at all about the current member whom I've always thought was the owner of Jackinchat -- currently identified on the member list as "Administrator" -- who personally coded the site and brought it back online in late 2004 after it was hacked and crashed the last time (with all previous content lost.) "Administrator", "Anna", and "Charlize" have membership dates of October 24, 2004, when I assume the current version of Jackinchat came back online. Ben arrived on July 18, 2005, and the membership of Adiemus dates from June 13, 2006.

You clearly have not been at all an active participant on this latest version of Jackinchat, with only 154 posts to your credit as of this date and time. (You also didn't have a clue about how the ranking system for members' posts worked.)

The old timers tell me that there were in fact at least two hackings which crashed earlier versions of Jackinchat before it was brought back the last time in 2004. I suppose that you probably played some part in the website in those years too. And if, as a new moderator, you want to adopt the very high profile that you have, and claim long historical roots with today's website, then that's cool. But you should at least give credit to others who seem to have been much more active and instrumental in the history of Jackinchat than you have.

Sorry if this seems discourteous, but this is an issue that you raised.

I started #Jackinchat after approaching Jackinworld.com if they would like a chatroom on an irc network that I was on. The room became so popular Jackinchat.com was formed.

Ben came first then Anna and the the current owner who goes by Administrator. We ran things for about 3 or 4 years before I had real life take over and I could no longer devote the time that was needed to the site. So I gave it to the current owner.

I did not go by this name back then, I went by another name. In 2006 I joined the current website as a member but also due to real life taking it's toll I was unable to maintain a constant presence as I would have liked. I have also always enjoyed the chat room more then the forums which is another reason the post count isn't very high which is really no real bases for activity.

Clearly someone on this site has pissed you off to the point that you have to attack anyone associated with the site. I also see that you are the one that likes to point out every thing that someone says to start some form of argument. I have nothing against you or anyone on this forum but if you keep attacking the way you seem to enjoy doing, I will not allow myself to be attacked or bullied by someone.

Page: of 2   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Greetings Jackinchat!