JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Greetings Jackinchat!
Page: < prev  of 2  
Dman Professional Jackinchatter

2099 posts since 2015-06-14
70 year old heterosexual from Western US
Adiemus said:
I started #Jackinchat after approaching Jackinworld.com if they would like a chatroom on an irc network that I was on. The room became so popular Jackinchat.com was formed.

Ben came first then Anna and the the current owner who goes by Administrator. We ran things for about 3 or 4 years before I had real life take over and I could no longer devote the time that was needed to the site. So I gave it to the current owner.

I did not go by this name back then, I went by another name. In 2006 I joined the current website as a member but also due to real life taking it's toll I was unable to maintain a constant presence as I would have liked. I have also always enjoyed the chat room more then the forums which is another reason the post count isn't very high which is really no real bases for activity.

"I clearly see that you are the one that likes to point out every thing that someone says to start some form of argument. I have nothing against you or anyone on this forum but if you keep attacking the way you seem to enjoy doing, I will not allow myself to be attacked or bullied by someone."

Bravo. Well said.
Master edger, labia licker, nipple tugger and veteran voyeur.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Jack_Meoff Amateur Jackinchatter

189 posts since 2015-06-11
76 year old curious from Sydney, Australia
I've only been a member for a couple of months but I want to thank you and the other people responsible for running the site for providing a place where we can discuss this very important part of our lives.
Please don't take any notice of the wankers (sorry no pun intended) who can only criticise but still remain active members and continue to make use of the very facility that they complain about so bitterly.
If you don't like what's being served up, leave the table guys.
As someone famous once said: You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
Thanks again for providing this forum and the ability for us to express our sexuality in all its forms openly and without fear or favour. : & )razz to the knockers (the wankers that is, not the tits).
Tyler01 Amateur Jackinchatter

103 posts since 2012-10-06
32 year old curious
Jack_Meoff said:

If you don't like what's being served up, leave the table guys.
As someone famous once said: You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
Thanks again for providing this forum and the ability for us to express our sexuality in all its forms openly and without fear or favour. : & )razz to the knockers (the wankers that is, not the tits).

I agree. But since mods never appreciate criticism from anybody, I gotta say that the post seemed kinda phony to me. He maybe needs to just get on with the mod job and quit trying to act friendly. (I didn know that the banned word list only applied to the chat room btw.)
Unregistered ?

hello Adiemus! WB.
Administrator Amateur Jackinchatter
Administrator
334 posts since 2004-10-24
heterosexual male from Canada
JackinChat Staff MemberAdministrator's Avatar
Hi jackinchatters,

Just wanted to pop in and share a few words.

I know I'm not active these days within the community, but I do my best to put folks in charge who care about the site, and the community to make sure that anyone who visits can have a good experience.

Rod's been flying solo for quite a while and he's only one man. As such, JC's been a bit "wild west" lately - especially in the chatroom. If Adiemus has felt it necessary to include banned words in the chatroom, I assume it was in response to a specific problem that has either gone long unchecked, or was starting to be a problem.

Criticism is welcome, but will be best received if presented constructively. I've always felt the rules at JC should largely be common sense and rely on people having basic respect for one another.

I understand that there are tons of things that people get off on, and I want this to be a place to share. However, once we start getting into particular extreme niches, that content can start negatively impacting the enjoyment of others on the site.

For instance, anything related to kids has always been a hard ban on the site. We're not interested in being a place where people with sexual fantasies involving under age children congregate. I think most people who visit JC would consider this a common sense rule.

Sexual violence is another topic that hasn't traditionally been banned if only because it's never really come up before. There's a lot of nuance within that realm, however. Safe, sane, consensual BDSM is a world away from abusive sexual violence against women, for example.

I've never personally been a fan of "black lists" for words because context often matters. However, again, if that step's been taken, I'm going to trust it's being done in response to a specific problem tied to a small but persistent minority of users.

TL;DR - discussion and criticism welcome
JockstrapJacker Amateur Jackinchatter

201 posts since 2009-02-16
homosexual
Administrator said:
---------------

Criticism is welcome, but will be best received if presented constructively. I've always felt the rules at JC should largely be common sense and rely on people having basic respect for one another.

I understand that there are tons of things that people get off on, and I want this to be a place to share. However, once we start getting into particular extreme niches, that content can start negatively impacting the enjoyment of others on the site.

------------------------

I've never personally been a fan of "black lists" for words because context often matters. However, again, if that step's been taken, I'm going to trust it's being done in response to a specific problem tied to a small but persistent minority of users.

TL;DR - discussion and criticism welcome

A post from "Administrator" is rather rare, and this one deserved special attention I think. It emphasized the point that what is acceptable and unacceptable often involves nuance and the necessity of judgement calls. While he expressed some reservations about "black lists for words" that inevitably lack consideration of context, he solidly supported the moderators who have a difficult job, while also explicitly soliciting constructive "discussion and criticism" from the members. Very conciliatory and also admirably lacking in the "my way or the highway" tone that I've noted lately from some members directed at others. I appreciated "Administrator's" input at this time.
Str8Male74 Amateur Jackinchatter

406 posts since 2005-08-16
49 year old heterosexual male from Illinois
What really happens is several chatters from the larger network come into the room and for instance post photos in the main room. Seen it happen several times. They don't see it's affiliated with a website. It helped to add the link referring back to this page showing people what the rules are about what's allowed.
Rodger Novice Jackinchatter

74 posts since 2008-07-22
45 year old bisexual
I thought this post from the administrator/owner was right on target and came at a very good time. It dealt sensibly with a number of current issues and made it clear that responsible discussion and criticism is always welcome. Some members here have been inclined to tell other members who post a critical comment to leave the website and go find one they like better. Clearly that's not what the guy who owns and runs Jackinchat has in mind about the way we operate.
Page: < prev  of 2  
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Greetings Jackinchat!