JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » People who 'lol'
Page: < prev  of 5   next > 
HampshireMan Amateur Jackinchatter

494 posts since 2010-05-25
72 year old curious male from Pembrokeshire, Wales
zane101 said:
Your continuous pathetic attempts at making other feel stupid...

Another one who's apparently hard of understanding. I have no interest in making people 'feel stupid' and your suggestion that I do is a straw man. I'm merely pointing out that that's the way they appear to many people, not just me, because I assume that's not what they intend.
Spin me: com dot gmail at 1952 man hampshire
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile

JohnnyTooBad said:
...LOL is almost always disingenuous

I do hope so. Otherwise were being overrun by mentally deranged idiots who burst out laughing for no reason.
Unregistered ?

HampshireMan said:
Otherwise were being overrun by mentally deranged idiots who burst out laughing for no reason.

If you're a language and grammar pedant , it's advisable for your own language to be watertight . When you're using the contraction of we are (which is we're) - don't forget the apostrophe...LOL !

JohnnyTooBad said:
If you're a language and grammar pedant , it's advisable for your own language to be watertight . When you're using the contraction of we are (which is we're) - don't forget the apostrophe...LOL !

Were I a language and grammar pedant, you might have a point, but when it comes to casual writing, especially, I'm not bothered about the odd typo. I only guarantee my prose to be error free when I'm paid to produce it.
bfphawk Professional Jackinchatter

1235 posts since 2012-02-03
61 year old bisexual male from US
HampshireMan said:
To 'harp on' is to dwell on. One post is not 'harping'.

Come on people! If you're going to have a go at me then at least do it intelligently and with a degree of literacy.

I have to agree somewhat with a previous post about using the common vernacular when having any discussion. It is similar to saying "oh please" when expressing incredulity to something someone has said (or written.) One unfamiliar with the practice, such as someone understanding English as a second language, might not "get" the phrase as it was intended.

In the original example replying with "LOL" could mean, "I found that particularly amusing and actually laughed out loud", whereas the individual probably didn't laugh at all but wanted to recognize the original author's efforts and express in a simple and popular method what they thought.

With the proliferation of text-based communication it is difficult and worrisome that we cannot properly express what we are feeling. Such is the reason why we should endeavor to speak with one another as often as possible. Facial expressions and imagery can relay a feeling so much more effectively than words ever will, hence the old phrase, "a picture is worth a thousand words."

That being said, and to echo another post from earlier, we are on a forum dedicated for the most part to getting naked and masturbating to images of naked people masturbating and having sex with others. Being on a site like this kind of opens the back door on what is generally acceptable, in public at least.

So if the use of "LOL" is somehow offending to someone I would suggest that individual find a nice dildo and go fuck yourself. wink

bfphawk said:
So if the use of "LOL" is somehow offending to someone I would suggest that individual find a nice dildo and go fuck yourself. wink

A much better post than most. Thanks for making the effort. The 'tongue-in-cheek' smiley's appreciated, too.

What a shame that you, like most of the other posters, seem to misunderstand my position: it doesn't offend me, it just gives me the impression that people peppering their posts with 'lols' are mentally deranged idiots. If they're happy with that, then fine; if not, maybe they'd like to reconsider the practice.
tiggles7 Novice Jackinchatter

30 posts since 2013-11-06
40 year old bisexual male from East Bay, CA
HampshireMan said:
Next time you decide to use 'lol' in a message, here or elsewhere, do yourself a favour: once you've finished writing it, read the message out loud, actually laughing out loud instead of pronouncing 'lol' as a word. Notice how you sound like a mentally deranged idiot. Now you know how you come across to people who read your messages.

This has been a public service message.

It must be hard to get a boner when you're so angry over how people write text messages lol
Every Day I'm Strokin' It...
Hentai_cock Novice Jackinchatter

12 posts since 2016-07-12
34 year old heterosexual male from Portsmouth, Virginia
I use "lol" to let people I talk to know I think what they've said was funny instead of just typing "I think that's funny"... I also use it to let others know I'm not serious when saying something but, I guess that's just me. "lol" Seems like such a silly thing to get upset over though...
cum

tiggles7 said:
It must be hard to get a boner when you're so angry over how people write text messages lol

Another person who has trouble understanding plain English. I'm not in the slightest bit angry, not miffed or even slightly moved, just pointing out how idiotic people would sound if they really were laughing out loud at nothing, as they claim in their messages.

And if you'd checked out my profile, you'd have found that I don't have the slightest problem getting a rock on, thank you.

Hentai_cock said:
"lol" Seems like such a silly thing to get upset over though...

I agree. And were I upset about it, your post would be perfectly reasonable. As I'm not, that just makes you one more person who seems to have a hard time understanding plain English.

Apparently this site is now crowded with the hard of understanding.

HampshireMan said:
Another person who has trouble understanding plain English. I'm not in the slightest bit angry, not miffed or even slightly moved, just pointing out how idiotic people would sound if they really were laughing out loud at nothing, as they claim in their messages.

And if you'd checked out my profile, you'd have found that I don't have the slightest problem getting a rock on, thank you.

I bet you get into these kinds of arguments often

tiggles7 said:
I bet you get into these kinds of arguments often

I think you misunderstand the word 'argument'. They're things you present or express, not 'get into'. Check a dictionary.

But if you mean 'disagreement', as I suspect, then you're mistaken.
Shvdmale Skilled Jackinchatter

689 posts since 2015-12-15
72 year old bisexual male from Texas
I have a simple suggestion for you. If you don't like people who use "lol" in their posts, do YOURSELF a favor simply skip that post instead of attempting to tell others how to write their posts. If that doesn't work for you, GO FUCK YOPURSELF....LOL!
Always naked and horny...STILL looking for JO bud.
arobt Amateur Jackinchatter

132 posts since 2015-12-04
72 year old curious male from South Texas
Lol bothers hampshireman. no problem with that.There are a lot of things that bother me.But to lump up the millions of people that use LOL as idiots because YOU don't agree is too PC.PC is killing civil discussion.Given what is going on in the world today calling someone an idiot over the use of lol is petty.You have a right to say it. I defend your right to say it.That is the nice thing about freedom.Hopefully we never lose that right and we all agree to fight for the right to say what we feel.
probably getting drunk lol

HampshireMan said:
I think you misunderstand the word 'argument'. They're things you present or express, not 'get into'. Check a dictionary.

But if you mean 'disagreement', as I suspect, then you're mistaken.

https://www.google.com/search?q=argument&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS590US590&oq=argument&aqs=chrome..69i57.3308j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Take a seat genius lol
Page: < prev  of 5   next > 
Index » General » Coffee Shop » People who 'lol'