JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » People who 'lol'
Page: < prev  of 5   next > 
tiggles7 Novice Jackinchatter

30 posts since 2013-11-06
40 year old bisexual male from East Bay, CA
HampshireMan said:
Another one who's apparently hard of understanding. I have no interest in making people 'feel stupid' and your suggestion that I do is a straw man. I'm merely pointing out that that's the way they appear to many people, not just me, because I assume that's not what they intend.

Why does your profile say you're 64 but you sound like a pompous first-year college student?
Every Day I'm Strokin' It...
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
HampshireMan Amateur Jackinchatter

494 posts since 2010-05-25
72 year old curious male from Pembrokeshire, Wales
arobt said:
Lol bothers hampshireman

That's a false statement, based on your misreading of what I wrote.

arobt said:
PC is killing civil discussion.

In this house, PC is know as Patronising Crap. I have no idea why you should chose that term but you're WAY off track if you think I'd have anything to do with being PC, which is a set of 'safe' rules for people who are far to concerned about what others think of them and are terrified of giving the 'wrong' impression.

arobt said:
...calling someone an idiot...

Once again. You're having trouble understanding plain English. I haven't called anyone an idiot for writing 'lol'; I've pointed out that if you try the experiment of reading your message out and actually laughing out loud at the points where you write 'lol' you'll find that you sound like a mentally deranged idiot. Rather than calling anyone an idiot, I'm assuming that these people AREN'T idiots and would prefer not to sound like one. Maybe if you re-read the actual words of my OP, which I chose carefully, you'll be able to understand them, now that they've been explained to you.
Spin me: com dot gmail at 1952 man hampshire

tiggles7 said:
Why does your profile say you're 64 but you sound like a pompous first-year college student?

Maybe that's because, like everyone else, you're reading something which isn't there into what I'm writing. It seems to be a common complaint around here.

I'm afraid I can't help explain something which is happening in your head. Good luck with that.

tiggles7 said:
Take a seat genius lol

Thanks for the promotion but I'm not a genius, although the responses my post has been getting are beginning to make me think that perhaps it wouldn't take too much to pass for one around here.

The definitive definition of words in the English language is the Oxford English Dictionary. This is its definition of 'argument', which contains no suggestion of disagreement:

1.1 Proof, evidence, manifestation, token. (Passing from clear proof in early, to proof presumptive in later usage; cf. argue 3.) arch.

2.2 Astr. and Math. The angle, arc, or other mathematical quantity, from which another required quantity may be deduced, or on which its calculation depends.

3. a.3.a A statement or fact advanced for the purpose of influencing the mind; a reason urged in support of a proposition; spec. in Logic, the middle term in a syllogism. Also fig.

b.3.b Const. (to obs.), for, a conclusion; hence (of later origin) against the contrary.

c.3.c In certain phrases borrowed from the formal terminology of the schools, the L, argumentum is in current use, esp. in argumentum ad hominem. argumentum e (or ex) silentio, an argument from silence: used of a conclusion based on lack of contrary evidence.

4.4 A connected series of statements or reasons intended to establish a position (and, hence, to refute the opposite); a process of reasoning; argumentation.

5. a.5.a Statement of the reasons for and against a proposition; discussion of a question; debate.

b.5.b transf. Subject of contention, or debate. Obs.

6.6 Subject-matter of discussion or discourse in speech or writing; theme, subject. Obs. or arch.

7.7 The summary or abstract of the subject-matter of a book; a syllabus; fig. the contents.

Additions 1997

Add: [2.] b.2.b Math. and Computing. An independent variable of a function (e.g. x and y in z = f(x, y)).
grindgruntsquirt Novice Jackinchatter

51 posts since 2008-05-12
heterosexual from UK
I like playing with my penis
Unregistered ?

grindgruntsquirt said:
I like playing with my penis

lol

HampshireMan said:
5. a.5.a Statement of the reasons for and against a proposition; discussion of a question; debate.

It's a shame you were so busy typing this that you didn't bother to read or understand it. You can be "in a" discussion, you can be "in a" debate and you can be "in an" argument. I don't know what kind of sad, insecure person insults people for writing "lol" but there is only one, clearly "mentally-deranged," idiot in this thread. Don't bother responding.
Shvdmale Skilled Jackinchatter

689 posts since 2015-12-15
71 year old bisexual male from Texas
Why is this thread still here? What the fuck does this have to do with jacking off? Who the fuck cares?
Always naked and horny...STILL looking for JO bud.

Shvdmale said:
Why is this thread still here? What the fuck does this have to do with jacking off? Who the fuck cares?

Bro I'm bout to cum so hard from this chill out
barrynutley Professional Jackinchatter

1925 posts since 2016-11-20
49 year old bisexual from East Mids
Why the fuck did I read this thread to the end lol

My opinion, for what it's worth, people use lol as already stated, to express jest/humour/light heartedness as text doesn't always read as its meant to sound.

HampshireMan is quite entitled to his opinion, the mistake he has made, in my opinion, is to start a thread on his opinions. I think Gary Lineker is a fuckin prick but I wouldn't start a thread on here about it as its my opinion and I would guess..... NO ONE FUCKIN CARES!!!!
Take a look what it says in blue and yellow at the top of your screen dude smile
Looking for UK wank buddies. Cocking/tributes a speciality
JOLUVR Professional Jackinchatter

1108 posts since 2014-12-11
68 year old curious from Jackson ,TN
I see nothing in this topic connected with the mission of Jackinchat.
Secondly I believe we owe each person here the courtesy of deference to them in how they wish to express themselves. It's the least we can do as gentlemen.
Then finally I would ask are we so bored and void of topic material we actually want to open a conversation on communication skills and grammatical excellence ?
I think not !
LOL smile
No cum is wasted.
Woodentop Professional Jackinchatter

1502 posts since 2015-02-27
33 year old heterosexual male from Suffolk, UK
barrynutley said:
Why the fuck did I read this thread to the end lol
I think Gary Lineker is a fuckin prick smile

An even bigger one since he's been trying to be a David Baddiel lookalike.
User posted imagehosting image

Oops, I almost forgot - LOLlaugh
My favourite pastime -- http://www.redtube.com/1512073
wankingtoday Novice Jackinchatter

12 posts since 2021-07-25
59 year old
HampshireMan said:
You assume.

Last time I checked Wales was in Britain.
Unregistered ?

Communication whether written or spoken is a matter of social convention, what people agree on what means what. There are no rote, strict rules by which some sort of "proper" way things are to be written and spoken. To consider the strict way music language or mathematics as rote leaves out the word social. Being social is purposed for goodwill. Pushing ill-will about diminishes the joy of our gathering.
phjacker Professional Jackinchatter

1633 posts since 2015-06-01
54 year old
Bill_Doubleu said:
Communication whether written or spoken is a matter of social convention, what people agree on what means what. There are no rote, strict rules by which some sort of "proper" way things are to be written and spoken. To consider the strict way music language or mathematics as rote leaves out the word social. Being social is purposed for goodwill. Pushing ill-will about diminishes the joy of our gathering.
Is 'lol' still a thing?
What about 'roflcopter'? Is that still a thing?
I sort of agree with Bill, but I more agree with HampshireMan. We should be kind to those who can't speak proper, but it shouldn't be encouraged.
Page: < prev  of 5   next > 
Index » General » Coffee Shop » People who 'lol'