JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Chat not working/Not letting anyone in.
Page: of 1  
somewhatman Novice Jackinchatter

10 posts since 2015-07-15

I've been coming in chat for years. I just use my usual chat name and then just enjoy. A few minutes ago, as I clicked on chat to get in the room, it told me to identify to the nickname I've been using for years. It just wouldn't let me in. I thought maybe I had to log in but still nothing. No matter what I do, it tells me to identify to the name even right after I do it. Is something down? Never had this issue before. Everything was working fine even a few hours ago.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
_JOonMicToBikiniBoob Novice Jackinchatter

31 posts since 2017-08-13
60 year old
I am having the same problem.
hotshot773 Amateur Jackinchatter

104 posts since 2009-11-14
43 year old heterosexual
yeah me too
genuinefine Professional Jackinchatter

1003 posts since 2005-09-09
male from TX
I'm not surprised to see your post. Yesterday, chat was kicking everyone off, then putting them back on, then eventually no one could get on. There was an alert about the site being compromised and possible virus. (You might want to check your browser for a search engine that you didn't know you had downloaded!)
50+ 6' 195. Hairy jack bud.
Str8Male74 Amateur Jackinchatter

406 posts since 2005-08-16
49 year old heterosexual male from Illinois
I was just on and got disconnected and reconnected me saying ok you are connected again and had to go back and out and come back in except it gave me the same message that I had to register a screen name when I already have. I went thru javascript and my screen name got locked down by Services Enforcer and followed the instructions to release it and got this.

[12:46] == Str8MaleBromo The nick Str8MaleBromo is currently being held by a Services Enforcer. If you are the nicks owner, use /msg [email protected] RELEASE Str8MaleBromo password to release the nickname. If the nickname recently expired, please wait patiently and try again later.

[12:46] *[email protected]* RELEASE Str8MaleBromo bromos

[12:46] == PRIVMSG You must finish connecting with another nickname first.

I tried using a different name and wouldn't let me back on and went back to the same message about registering another screen name.
Adiemus Skilled Jackinchatter

726 posts since 2006-06-13
44 year old homosexual from Michigan
The reason for the need to have a registered nickname at that time was because there was someone who was sending it 20-30 connections at once to attack the chat room. By making the room +R only people with a registered nick can join.

It is typically going to be a short period of time that this mode is enabled otherwise you will be able to connect without registering a nickname.
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole.
daveyboy19772002 Professional Jackinchatter

1823 posts since 2013-04-29
53 year old
Hi,

I registered a nickname with password, but still cant get in?
The error says:

The nick daveyboy19772002 is currently being held by a Services Enforcer. If you are the nicks owner, use /msg [email protected] RELEASE daveyboy19772002 password to release the nickname. If the nickname recently expired, please wait patiently and try again later.

Any suggestions?
genuinefine Professional Jackinchatter

1003 posts since 2005-09-09
male from TX
Here is the error message I'm getting when I try to get on:

Error Connecting (Closing Link: 0.0.0.0
(A-banned: [AKILL ID:1542316824K-e] [exp/fldhst]
Exploited host, go to http://kline.dal.net/exploits/akills.htm (2018/11/16 16.05)))

I don't even know what this means!!!

And, by the way, if I click on the link it tells me to go to, I get a non-existent page!
50+ 6' 195. Hairy jack bud.

daveyboy19772002 said:
Hi,

I registered a nickname with password, but still cant get in?
The error says:

The nick daveyboy19772002 is currently being held by a Services Enforcer. If you are the nicks owner, use /msg [email protected] RELEASE daveyboy19772002 password to release the nickname. If the nickname recently expired, please wait patiently and try again later.

Any suggestions?

The directions are right there. type: /msg [email protected] RELEASE daveyboy19772002 password but replace the word password with the one you set when you registered the nickname. Then when you connect to the network you have 1 minute to identify to the nickname. The command for that is /msg [email protected] password. Where password is again the password you setup when you registered the name.

genuinefine said:
Here is the error message I'm getting when I try to get on:

Error Connecting (Closing Link: 0.0.0.0
(A-banned: [AKILL ID:1542316824K-e] [exp/fldhst]
Exploited host, go to http://kline.dal.net/exploits/akills.htm (2018/11/16 16.05)))

I don't even know what this means!!!

And, by the way, if I click on the link it tells me to go to, I get a non-existent page!

First the link they give you isn't right so you will have to do some manual cut and pasting to get to the right link.

http://kline.dal.net/exploits/akills.htm then go down to the part of the page that explains what [exp/fldhst] is and then you can follow the directions from there.
Page: of 1  
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Chat not working/Not letting anyone in.