JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Question About Posting
Page: of 2   next > 
Palmlovers Skilled Jackinchatter

775 posts since 2010-12-31
64 year old bisexual male from Tx
Hey guys! I've noticed sometimes when I try to reply or comment on a post and I get a little 'long winded' that when I hit 'Submit' the site will have auto-logged me off and I can't post it. I guess I'm taking to long as I am not a speed typist!

Anyway, can I write my posts in MS Word and then copy and paste it on here? Thanks for any help. Keep stroking!
Stroke, edge, leak, goon, deny, repeat!
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

You can paste any text into the box. Often if it happens when I'm posting a lot of pictures in one post, if I log in in a new tab, keep the old one open and then hit the back button or refresh on the old tab, what I was going to post reappears in the box. This also works if I accidentally close the tab or window.
Jaxxx Novice Jackinchatter

72 posts since 2017-10-10
61 year old
I find this extremely frustrating. I am not a speed typist either and tend to make thought out posts, which also take time. I love this site, but there is one major problem. The owner went with a custom code for the site. I'm sure it was state of the art when JC came to be, but is rather outdated now. I think the site would become even more popular, if it was moved to a standard platform like Xenforo or vB. Not only would this problem go away. but I imagine there would be a lot more content posted. Under the current code, you pretty much have to be a computer genius to post pics and clickable links. I have yet to figure it out.

According to one of the Mods, the owner would like to do this, but has not found a way to transfer the existing content to a new platform. Without this, the site would have to start over from scratch and the owner doesn't want to do this. I wish a way could be found, as this custom platform will have to be replaced eventually as it becomes more aged.
Unregistered ?

Type in wordpad then copy and paste when you know you're 100% signed in and online.

Thanks for the help guys!

I typed a long post on MS Word and tried too copy and paste it here but when I hit 'Submit' it said 'There must be a body to your messages. What now?
steven303 Amateur Jackinchatter

226 posts since 2008-09-08
57 year old heterosexual male
The sites uses an older form of encoding that is different than the current standard like UTF-8 so it responds with that error message.
enjoy jerking off to amateurs, milfs, cuties, asians
Str8_Bob Professional Jackinchatter

1351 posts since 2008-04-25
53 year old heterosexual male from USA
Palmlovers said:
Hey guys! I've noticed sometimes when I try to reply or comment on a post and I get a little 'long winded' that when I hit 'Submit' the site will have auto-logged me off and I can't post it. I guess I'm taking to long as I am not a speed typist!

Anyway, can I write my posts in MS Word and then copy and paste it on here? Thanks for any help. Keep stroking!

It always takes me a while to compose a post or a message, and JC often logs me off while I'm typing. (Checking "Remember Me" when I first logon doesn't seem to help. It will still log me off after a while.) So when it has logged me off, I get an error message when I click on "Submit" and lose what I've written.

I get around this by simply opening up another tab on the browser, opening Jackinchat, and seeing if I'm logged in or not. If I'm still logged in, then I go back to the previous window, Submit the post. and it takes it fine. But IF, in the new window, I find that I'm NOT logged in, I just logon in that window. Then I go back to the previous window and it takes "Submit" just fine.

YES, you CAN compose a message in WORD, and paste it into Jackinchat. But JC won't recognize it if it contains apostrophes or quotation marks. So you need to FIRST eliminate apostrophes and quotation marks in the WORD text, and THEN Jackinchat will let you paste and Submit it......AS LONG AS YOU'RE STILL LOGGED IN. So I always still open a new window and verify that I'm logged in before ever attempting to post anything anytime.
Unregistered ?

Jaxxx said:
Under the current code, you pretty much have to be a computer genius to post pics and clickable links. I have yet to figure it out.

It's really not difficult at all. I understand that it can be daunting and a bit of a process, but people have become so used to technology that they've become lazy. People talk to a plastic box to put their TV on and clap their hands to turn off the lights and order food by pressing a button. The process to upload pics and links is primitive and straightforward; just takes all of 30 seconds of effort.
JJSheffield Skilled Jackinchatter

988 posts since 2015-10-23
bisexual male from Sheffield uk
Type the message. Select text. Copy to clipboard. Attempt to post. If it's logged you out, log in again and paste.
Sheffield area UK pan and anti negativity.
Unregistered ?

JJSheffield said:
Type the message. Select text. Copy to clipboard. Attempt to post. If it's logged you out, log in again and paste.

Exactly!

JJSheffield said:

If you've typed the message in WORD, and copied and pasted FROM WORD, JC will not accept the post if it contains apostrophes and/or quotation marks. The JC moderator (Rod) has explained this, and I have verified it by posting with and without those quotation marks.

Is it your experience that it WILL accept a paste if the text was originally typed in the JC dialog box?

Unregistered ?

Str8_Bob said:
If you've typed the message in WORD, and copied and pasted FROM WORD, JC will not accept the post if it contains apostrophes and/or quotation marks. The JC moderator (Rod) has explained this, and I have verified it by posting with and without those quotation marks.

Is it your experience that it WILL accept a paste if the text was originally typed in the JC dialog box?

This is a test. I have typed this in 'notepad' and then copied and pasted it here. I have used 'this' and "this" here to see if this works
Unregistered ?

This is a test. I have typed this in 'notepad' and then copied and pasted it here. I have used 'this' and "this" here to see if this works

and 'wordpad' below

This is a test. I have typed this in 'wordpad' and then copied and pasted it here. I have used 'this' and "this" here to see if this works

I do not have Microsoft Word to try it, but as you can see Notepad and Wordpad most definitely work as of this moment

Testing the following paragraph by copying and pasting from Notepad (with both apostrophes and quotation marks.)

Then I will test it from microsoft Word.

Now I'm testing Notepad on my Windows 7 PC using Chrome browser. I'm using the apostrophe now and I'll be glad to know if it works. Now I'll use quotation marks. If it works I'll say something like...."Oh my! I'll be happy to see if this works."
Page: of 2   next > 
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Question About Posting