JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » Masturbation » Jackin Material » Other Chat Rooms
Page: of 1  
Hardman1112 Amateur Jackinchatter

257 posts since 2018-11-14

I hate to see the changes to our chat room here. I tried to go to Discord, but they wanted my phone number and email address, and I don't like giving that info out. Does anyone know of other sites similar to our chat room that are simpler to use? I sure miss the hot chats and hard cocks grin that I have njoyed at jackinchat for many years
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Discord does not require a phone number for default registration. Their documentation states that it is only a requirement if their security systems detect - admittedly, this is vaguely worded - something strange about your connection.

Personally, I have three accounts - one for everyday use, one for this chat, and one for user-level testing of this chat. My wife and son also have accounts for gaming use, and we are often on at the same time. I am also aware of users who connect using a VPN. So, neither multiple connections from the same IP address nor VPN access would appear to be considered strange enough to require a phone number. I would recommend contacting Discord support for registration assistance. In the past 18 months, Discord has been more heavily used for business purposes, and most such users would understandably not want their personal numbers tied to a business account, and their business landlines cannot accept the texted registration code, so a workaround must exist if you are actually experiencing this hurdle.

As far as not wanting to provide an email address, that is required. But you made your post using an account for this site that required an email address to register. Use the same one.

FYI - anyone posting links to unaffiliated groups chat room is considered to be posting unsolicited spam.
macbolen Amateur Jackinchatter

176 posts since 2013-03-23
64 year old curious from Michigan
Rod said:
Discord does not require a phone number for default registration. Their documentation states that it is only a requirement if their security systems detect - admittedly, this is vaguely worded - something strange about your connection.

Personally, I have three accounts - one for everyday use, one for this chat, and one for user-level testing of this chat. My wife and son also have accounts for gaming use, and we are often on at the same time. I am also aware of users who connect using a VPN. So, neither multiple connections from the same IP address nor VPN access would appear to be considered strange enough to require a phone number. I would recommend contacting Discord support for registration assistance. In the past 18 months, Discord has been more heavily used for business purposes, and most such users would understandably not want their personal numbers tied to a business account, and their business landlines cannot accept the texted registration code, so a workaround must exist if you are actually experiencing this hurdle.

As far as not wanting to provide an email address, you made your post using an account for this site that required an email address to register. Use the same one.

FYI - anyone posting links to unaffiliated groups chat rooms is considered to be posting unsolicited spam.

They most certainly DID require a phone number! I registered and got in there..finally, and it is the lamest, most confusing chat I've ever seen. In my opinion,
you people took a good thing and ruined it-PERIOD!
str8_fap_addict Novice Jackinchatter

67 posts since 2016-03-24
40 year old heterosexual male
Hey Rod! Will the forum stay active or you plan to remove it?

str8_fap_addict said:
Hey Rod! Will the forum stay active or you plan to remove it?

As it always has been, the chat is a supplement and offshoot of the site/forums. Until and unless the site owner decides to change or pull the plug on them, they will remain. Any such decision is out of my hands, but I am unaware of any plans to do so at this time.

macbolen said:
They most certainly DID require a phone number! I registered and got in there..finally, and it is the lamest, most confusing chat I've ever seen. In my opinion,
you people took a good thing and ruined it-PERIOD!

As noted, it is not required as a default. We cannot control when or if Discord security software finds an issue with your connection that would require that extra level of account verification.

Sorry you find it confusing or that the addition of features and other elements that many users have asked for for years has caused a bad experience for you. Both the staff and plenty of your fellow users are always glad to help with any questions you have.

Ok, thank you, hope it will stay in the years to come.

Rod said:
As it always has been, the chat is a supplement and offshoot of the site/forums. Until and unless the site owner decides to change or pull the plug on them, they will remain. Any such decision is out of my hands, but I am unaware of any plans to do so at this time.
Ok, thank you, hope it will stay in the years to come.
mbhc11 Novice Jackinchatter

64 posts since 2008-08-08
59 year old
Keep it Simple ! Discord required another app, password etc. more complicated then the easy click through from Jack. I feel user numbers will dry up on both the chat on discord and this website and we end up with nothing. More users, more add revenue comes from ease of use and simplicity. Good luck !

mbhc11 said:
Keep it Simple ! Discord required another app, password etc. more complicated then the easy click through from Jack. I feel user numbers will dry up on both the chat on discord and this website and we end up with nothing. More users, more add revenue comes from ease of use and simplicity. Good luck !

It already is simple. Discord can be accessed through another app, but isn't required to do so...it's also accessed through their web site. There's also a code widget to allow login and access through this site, which the site owner has the code for, but simply hasn't had the opportunity to update the "chat" page here, not to mention there's also optional functionality that he's interested in implementing here on the site that allows single sign-on to this site by use of a Discord login. (This is also one of the attractive aspects of moving the chat to Discord, as it can conceivably cut down on the ongoing spam attack of the past year+.) As for ad revenue...the chat room has never had direct ad revenue on IRC or now on Discord; any and all ad revenue associated with the site is strictly here on the site and remains unchanged in format and implementation.
Page: of 1  
Index » Masturbation » Jackin Material » Other Chat Rooms