JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Chat Room Invite?
Page: of 2   next > 
Unregistered ?

Is the chat still available now? It says it's by invite?
Add a reply Quote this post
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
The month+ transition of the chat from IRC to Discord is complete, with the exception of the site owner not having had an opportunity to update the page here on the site directing to the Discord server. The IRC rooms were meant to be set to read-only to provide an invitation to the Discord server. Unfortunately, due to spammers, they had to be set to invite only.

The good news is that the chat lives on and is thriving on the Discord server.

https://discord.gg/MzXDemUaxN
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

JackinChat Staff MemberUnregistered's Avatar
The bad news is that I get a message on Discord when I use it on my iPad that says, 'NSFW servers are on on the iOS platform per app Store guidelines.' What the hell? Anyone else have this problem? Doesn't seem to be an issue on my desktop though.

BatorBudBerlin said:
The bad news is that I get a message on Discord when I use it on my iPad that says, 'NSFW servers are on on the iOS platform per app Store guidelines.' What the hell? Anyone else have this problem? Doesn't seem to be an issue on my desktop though.

Several months ago, Discord had to reach a compromise with Apple to allow the app to remain available in the App Store and still comply with Apple's policies for adult content. That compromise was blocking servers flagged as NSFW (like ours) by default, but allowing users to opt out of that block via the desktop or web versions:

Accessing Discord on an iOS device.
If you use an iOS device, please follow these instructions to regain access to our server:

- Open Discord using the desktop app or web version. (The option listed below is not visible from the iOS app.)
- Click the User Settings icon
- Click the Privacy & Safety category
- Enable the "Allow Access to NSFW Servers on iOS" option

Once done, you should be able to join in the fun again.

You may need to log out of Discord and back in or remove the app and reinstall it for this change to take effect.
Unregistered ?

An ok. Thanks for the explanation!
cochard121 Novice Jackinchatter

20 posts since 2020-04-29
39 year old curious male
joined the discord, very unimpressed.
Rnady69 Novice Jackinchatter

3 posts since 2021-06-11
71 year old
Me too! I can't getin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 posts since 2021-06-11
71 year old
I'm on a frigging laptop not iOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 posts since 2021-06-11
71 year old
I have now given up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unregistered ?

Second. complete utter failure
Unregistered ?

I created my discord account, but when I go there I can't see the chat room, just lots of games. When I have a go at searching for jackchat it doesn't exist. I've tried several ways to get in and have had to verify my account about three times by giving my email address, so now it knows my email address but I still don't get to the chat room frown

Minkey75 said:
I created my discord account, but when I go there I can't see the chat room, just lots of games. When I have a go at searching for jackchat it doesn't exist. I've tried several ways to get in and have had to verify my account about three times by giving my email address, so now it knows my email address but I still don't get to the chat room frown

Sounds like you haven't read and accepted our server rules, which is a required step to access the full server.

Upon joining the server, you should have been presented with a window presenting the rules, with a checkbox indicating you've read and accept the rules of the server, then a "Submit" button once that box has been checked. Until you do so, you will only see a small handful of the channels under the "SFW" section, and won't be able to participate.

If you skipped that window, you should see a notification bar at the bottom of your screen with a message that says something like, "You have a few more steps to complete." Clicking that will reopen the rules window so you can complete that step.

If you're saying you just went straight to Discord and registered, then tried looking for the server, it's kinda tough to find specific servers - SFW or NSFW - without a direct invite to them. Ours is:

Unregistered ?

Rod said:
Sounds like you haven't read and accepted our server rules, which is a required step to access the full server.

Upon joining the server, you should have been presented with a window presenting the rules, with a checkbox indicating you've read and accept the rules of the server, then a "Submit" button once that box has been checked. Until you do so, you will only see a small handful of the channels under the "SFW" section, and won't be able to participate.

If you skipped that window, you should see a notification bar at the bottom of your screen with a message that says something like, "You have a few more steps to complete." Clicking that will reopen the rules window so you can complete that step.

If you're saying you just went straight to Discord and registered, then tried looking for the server, it's kinda tough to find specific servers - SFW or NSFW - without a direct invite to them. Ours is:

Thank you Rod. I used the link you provided and it worked. Lord only knows what I was doing! I've copied the link now so will use it in future. Cheers Rod
stevesthename Skilled Jackinchatter

929 posts since 2021-04-07
56 year old curious male from South England
I'm getting "Invite invalid - This invite may have expired or you may not have permission to join"...
Looking for a south UK buddy for mutual edging fun

stevesthename said:
I'm getting "Invite invalid - This invite may have expired or you may not have permission to join"...

The invite has no expiration date.
Page: of 2   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Chat Room Invite?