JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Keep getting booted from the chatroom
Page: of 1  
Unregistered ?

Does anyone else have this problem? I enter my username and I keep getting a message saying "this username is already in use. You are disconnected from the chat."

Do any other users get this message?
Add a reply Quote this post
stevernc Amateur Jackinchatter

495 posts since 2005-12-31
44 year old curious
no, I keep getting turned off, it is like everyone quit talking,or no one will talk to me,and this has been going on a few weeks,I thought I was alone on this problem!
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Shaft said:
Does anyone else have this problem? I enter my username and I keep getting a message saying "this username is already in use. You are disconnected from the chat."

Do any other users get this message?

If you're getting that, then it means what it says. Someone on the chat is already using that name and you need to use something else in the chat. Its a goofy system, the names you use here arent automatically reserved for you on the chat server.
I'm just a guy
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
stevernc said:
no, I keep getting turned off, it is like everyone quit talking,or no one will talk to me,and this has been going on a few weeks,I thought I was alone on this problem!

To answer this one, its usually caused by something interrupted your connection to the chat server for long enough for it get out of sync. To you, it looks like nothing has happened, but the server thinks you disconnected so it isn't sending you anything anymore.

This can be caused by a flaky wireless connection at home, something on your computer using all your bandwidth, or just a crappy ISP.
I'm just a guy
Unregistered ?

THINK THEY WERE TRYING TO TELL YOU, THAT YOU WEREN'T WELCOME.

GRAYS HAD THE SAME ISSUE.
Unregistered ?

Could be the PC and something simple like you've got water leaking out of the condenser and getting onto the motherboard which leads to what we call "rust".

Just buy a new PC and you'll be good to go.
Unregistered ?

lLlCKDlCK said:
Could be the PC and something simple like you've got water leaking out of the condenser and getting onto the motherboard which leads to what we call "rust".

Just buy a new PC and you'll be good to go.

DIDN'T THINK OF THAT. TRY HOSING IT DOWN AND THEN PUT IT IN THE OVEN FOR AN HOUR.
Unregistered ?

I concur. Straight in the bin.
Page: of 1  
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Keep getting booted from the chatroom