JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Personals » Posts looking for immediate response
Page: of 4   next > 
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
There seems to have been a recent increase in posts from people looking for someone to respond immediately...looking for someone interested in conversation "now."

We recommend that, when you're looking for someone "now," that you use the chat room. On the boards, someone interested might not see the post until "now" was hours, days or weeks ago. Or more. And they tend to be resurrected as zombie threads much further down the line.

Going forward, any "now" posts will be locked without comment. If the same person makes another "now" post, their account will be suspended for a week. Beyond that, further response will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks, everyone, for your understanding and cooperation.

User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
nakedstr8buddy Skilled Jackinchatter

634 posts since 2012-08-17
33 year old curious from Florida
imhungguy said:
That would be fine, but cannot log onto Chat. Error message about Java.

Same here

Unregistered ?

Agreed - why not fix chat first? Perhaps the reason for the increase in posts is because the solution doesn't work?

If your Java is incompatible with the wife's integrated chat, there's always the option of using an IRC client, such as mIRC or any number of others. Information necessary to connect via an IRC client can be found at

http://jackinchat.com/viewthread.php?tID=14332#144

Unregistered ?

JackinChat Staff MemberUnregistered's Avatar
If you want to stay under the radar, you can get a portable version of an IRC client like this

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/kvirc_portable

keep it on a thumb drive, leaves no trace. wink

Unregistered ?

JackinChat Staff MemberUnregistered's Avatar
Chat is working fine for me and has been for sometime.

S

iluvgirls Amateur Jackinchatter

133 posts since 2009-12-15
45 year old heterosexual male from northeast USA
Rod said:

Going forward, any "now" posts will be locked without comment. If the same person makes another "now" post, their account will be suspended for a week. Beyond that, further response will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks, everyone, for your understanding and cooperation.

Could we get this post (or something with equivalent information) put in a "sticky" so it is always visible at the top-- or even better, on the main page of the site? I'm suspecting some people are not seeing the new policy (which I agree is a good one to have).
love to cum, and to share too! PMs welcome....

youreyesonly said:
AAAnnnndddd...SAAAMMMEE heeere!!!!

AAAnnnndddd...my advice is the same as it was on 11/27:

If your Java is incompatible with the site's integrated chat, there's always the option of using an IRC client, such as mIRC or any number of others. Information necessary to connect via an IRC client can be found at

http://jackinchat.com/viewthread.php?tID=14332#144

At any given time, there are about 50+ people logged into the chat room, many using the java client here on the site. That would suggest that any difficulties are on the user side, rather than the site side, meaning we can't do much to fix those other than offer tips that have worked for many others.

mounds-of-pleasure Novice Jackinchatter

10 posts since 2013-02-26
32 year old heterosexual
Would do so if my ip wasn't immediately banned for saying i like "young girls", when i didn't even specify an age. I dont blame people for making now posts when the chat room is shit and people get a lifetime ban for stupid little fucking things.

juschilin7 Novice Jackinchatter

37 posts since 2013-03-11
46 year old from mancave
where r those better places?
cam2cam

mounds-of-pleasure said:
Would do so if my ip wasn't immediately banned for saying i like "young girls", when i didn't even specify an age. I dont blame people for making now posts when the chat room is shit and people get a lifetime ban for stupid little fucking things.

Hmmm...would that have been you last night, then? If so, I asked you 3-4 times to clarify what you meant and to indeed specify an age. You didn't respond, so I asked you to also verify you were live and not a bot. Still no answer.

So, please put yourself in the shoes of a mod. We've got to make sure that everyone's abiding by the rules of the room. If there's something that seems like a gray area, we'll ask the participant to clarify. If they don't...if they outright ignore the mod's requests to clarify, the logical assumption is that they did intend to step outside the room's rules or they're a bot. Either way, they'd be banned from the room.

If someone wants to avoid being banned under such circumstances, there's a simple solution: answer the mod's request for clarification.

TickleButton said:
Chat room used to be good. Now...sux from every angle. Too many better places.

What problems are you finding with the chat that leads to the conclusion that it "sux?" Some things we can do something about...others are entirely in the hands of the chat participants. But, we don't know which you're dissatisfied with unless you can give us a bit more detail.

mounds-of-pleasure Novice Jackinchatter

10 posts since 2013-02-26
32 year old heterosexual
As you can plainly see, I posted that 4 days ago, so it obviously wasn't me "last night", because im banned. In the chat the mod didn't ask me ANYTHING, but instead immediately banned me after I said "young girls". Afterwards I sent him a private message asking for an explanation, he asks for my ip, I give it to him. He says that an "automatic kick was set on my ip because I was posting about young girls", his exact words. I told him that it was plainly unfair because not only did I not even specify an age, I received no warning or questions, and I respectfully requested that my ip be unbanned, he never responded. I've never seen a forum with mods like this one, its ridiculous.

If you notice, mounds, my reply was posted the same day as your original post. So, no need to get snippy about how your post was four days ago, so it couldn't have been Mar 13 ("last night" from your follow-up post). Fact of the matter is that, the night before (Mar 9), I'd banned someone for looking for "young girls," asked publicly in the room for clarification several times, was ignored, the person in question posted a few more random lines, but did not respond to public direct requests to clarify the "young girls" comment or confirm that there was a live human being on the other end. So, booted. Either that person was avoiding the question (leading me to err on the side of caution) or a bot (which we just plain don't need in the room).

Given what you've stated here, I know I wasn't the mod in question, so I can't say what did or didn't happen, or even who it was. If you have any additional information, like perhaps the nick you were using at the time, feel free to let me know. You can PM me with anything else if you prefer.

I will say that, given the way myself and the other active JC mod operate, I would tend to think there's more to the story than you merely saying "young girls" and being immediately booted. There is always the possibility that it was a dalnet server op, responding to a report in the absence of a JC admin. If that's the case, dalnet is their "house" and we're just "renting a room" from them...landlords trump tenants.

nakedhusband50 Skilled Jackinchatter

647 posts since 2008-03-20
68 year old bisexual male from Texas
Okay, this may be a stupid question, but I am unable to access the chat room from my phone. If I were to post a thread "looking for phone chat" that would be what you are banning right? Sorry, I havent seen the threads earlier.
Nothing hotter than two husbands together, naked, pleasing themselves and each other

Page: of 4   next > 
Index » General » Personals » Posts looking for immediate response